Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pecan Supremes

Pecan Supremes

Today is a feeling like a really nice day to me. I know it's looking a little cloudy and feeling a little humid with a chance of rain, but everything is feeling good on the home front. Now not that things were disheveled, on the contrary, things and people have been going in so many directions that it is finally feeling like we are all falling into our respective places.

Some of the reason I'm feeling this way is stuff for my two college kids is finally getting settled for them. I know that even though they are adults I still worry about them and want everything to work out well for them. I guess once a mother, always a mother. I try not to be too vocal and keep it inside, but it's hard. So I'm going to celebrate some of their good news!

My daughter got accepted to go study abroad for J-term next school year. She gets the opportunity to go to Thailand! How cool is that? This will be a trip of a lifetime for her. I wish I could go too, but I settle for lots of pictures and a souvenier or two. Hopefully we can skype while she's gone for the month.

My son is finally back from college for the summer. Moved him out of his dorm during a tornado warning. Kind of creepy. Wasn't long after he was home and some of his friends came over to chill. I miss those days when their friends came over to hang out. He is also fortunate to be able to transfer from the store he was working at while going to school to a store close to home for the summer. And last, but not least he will be staying in college apartments next year. A step up from the dorms!

So since I'm so happy I'm in the baking mood and I've baked up some Pecan Supremes from Mrs. Fields Best Ever Cookie cookbook. I love making cookies from this book. She has some amazing recipes. I don't think I've ever made one from this cookbook that I didn't like. So enjoy!

Pecan Supremes
2 C all-purpose flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
3/4 C quick oats (not instant)
3/4 C dark brown sugar
3/4 C sugar
2 sticks salted butter, softened
2 large eggs
2 t vanilla extract
4 ounces chopped pecans (about 1 cup)
6 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips (about 1 cup)

  1. Preheat oven to 300 F.
  2. In a medium bowl combine flour, soda, salt, and oats. Mix well with a whisk and set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, blend sugars with an electric mixer at medium speed. Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste. Scrape down sides of bowl, then add eggs and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
  4. Add the flour mixture, pecans, and chocolate chips, and blend at low speed just until combined. Do not over mix.
  5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 1 1/4 inches apart. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let them cool slightly on pan before moving them to a wire rack for further cooling. If you do it too soon they will fall apart.
  6. Makes about 3 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment