Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Cranberry Sauce

Well I've spent the last few hours listening to Christmas music blasting on the radio in the kitchen and prepping dishes for Thanksgiving dinner. This is my favorite holiday! I love the food and I love the mood of getting ready for Christmas.

I actually have quite a few dishes that I make ahead of time, but this year I wanted to try something new. I've always wanted to try and make cranberry sauce, but I was afraid that it would turn out soupy or taste sour. I love cranberry sauce and I didn't want to wreck that perfection that I've had in my head for years.

After searching online for a recipe I kind of came up with my own recipe. I was a little nervous about trying this, so I made sure I had a can of cranberries in the cupboard as back up and then I went for it.

So after much anticipation I am happy to say my cranberry sauce turned out to be very good! It was so easy to make that I don't know why I have never tried it before. This recipe is for  sure a keeper and I'm going to make some more for Christmas. It'll be the perfect side dish with the turkey on Thursday.

Give this one a try and I'm sure you'll agree that it is a keeper!
Cranberry Sauce


Cranberry Sauce
1- 12 ounce package of cranberries
1 C of cranberry juice
1 C sugar
3 T lemon juice

Rinse cranberries and then put in a 2 quart sauce pan. Add juice, sugar and lemon juice. Bring mixture to a boil. Stir constantly. Boil for 3-4 minutes then reduce heat to medium heat. Cook for another 10 minutes. Mixture will start to gel as you cook. Cool sauce in a cover container. Mixture can be made a few days in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment