Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cinnamon Caramel Rolls

Well this is my first post for my cooking blog, so I thought I start out by sharing one of my families favorites, Cinnamon Caramel Rolls. These rolls are super easy to make. I simply use the bread machine to make the dough and refrigerate these rolls so all you have to do in the morning is preheat the oven and bake.This recipe is one I found online years ago, but I tweaked it a little bit. I hope you enjoy these rolls as much as my family does. Enjoy!

Cinnamon Caramel Rolls
Dough
7ounces of milk
1egg
3 cups bread flour
4 T sugar
1 1/2 t salt
5 T butter
2 t yeast

Caramel
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup vanilla ice cream

Topping
2 T butter
Cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar

Place all dough ingredients in bread machine in order given. Set on "dough" setting and turn on machine. Let the machine do the rest.
Once dough is done it's time to make the caramel.
Melt 1 stick of butter and add 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup of vanilla ice cream in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil for a couple of minutes. Pour this into a lightly greased 9x13 inch cake pan.
Remove dough from bread machine and place on a lightly floured board. Pat the dough into a rectangle. Don't be afraid to use a little more flour if it seems sticky and make sure you flour your hands a little too. Once you have it into a rectangle spread the butter on top and sprinkle with cinnamon and the brown sugar. Roll the dough up and seal the edges as best as you can. Cut into 12 pieces and place in prepared pan. If you want to bake these rolls the same day let them rise until double in size. I always put them overnight in the refrigerator and bake in the morning. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. These rolls warm up great in the microwave the next day too. 

1 comment:

  1. these sound great i'm going to try them this next weekend

    ReplyDelete