Thursday, March 24, 2011

Brownie Cookies and Peanut Butter Dog Treats

Well I'm officially on spring break from school. It started out great. The weather was warm, I had lots of ideas for things I was going to do like start posting again on my blog, but suddenly the weather reared its ugly head and wham! We've got snow! Not just a little snow, but a good 4-5 inches. This stuff is heavy too. Well needless to say this changed my plans a little, but hopefully today I can get back on track.

After shoveling for like 2 1/2 hours my body just aches and I long for something yummy chocolate. So I decided that today I would bake something chocolate. Should I make brownies, chocolate cupcakes with my super cool silicone muffin cups? Should I just simply make chocolate chip cookies? No! I'm going to make Brownie Cookies!

You know those super moist and chocolately brownie cookies you get from the bakery well I'm going to make these today. The recipe is something that I clipped from a magazine or one of those buy me cookbook offers. The ones that tantalize you with a few recipes and dozens of mouth watering pictures of all the great stuff you can make. Well I didn't buy this one, but I did clip the recipe so I could enjoy this chocolate treasure.

Also I'm going to make doggie treats for my beloved dogs, Katie and Bella. These treats have peanut butter in the mix and what dog doesn't love peanut butter? These treats are easy and your dogs will love them. Miss Mercury if you're reading my blog try making these for Hazel she'll love them. This recipe I found on the internet and I just kind of tweaked it to work for me and of course for Katie and Bella.


Brownie Cookies
1/2 C butter
4 (1oz) squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped
3 C (18oz) semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
4 eggs
1 1/2 C sugar
2 t vanilla extract
2 C chopped pecans, toasted

Combine buttr, unsweetened chocolate, and 1 1/2 cups chocolate morsels in a large heavy saucepan.
Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter and chocolate melt; cool.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
Beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer. Gradually add dry ingredients to egg mixture, beating well. Add chocolate  mixture; beat well. Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups chocolate morsels and pecans.
Drop dough by 2 tablespoonfuls 1 inch apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Yield: about 2 1/2 dozen.


Peanut Butter Dog Treats
1 1/2 C whole wheat flour
1/2 C all-purpose flour
1/2 C cornmeal
1/2 rolled oats
1 1/2 cups water, or as needed
1/12 C canola oil
2 eggs
3 T peanut butter
2 T vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
Mix together whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, cornmeal and oats. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and gradually pour in water, oil, eggs, peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well.
On a flat surface use a rolling pin to roll out the dough. Cut the dough into dog biscuit shapes using a cookie cutter. Place the biscuits onto the prepared cookie sheet.
Bake the cookies for 20 minutes. After the biscuits have cooked 20 minutes turn off the oven, but let the biscuits remain inside the oven for another 20 minutes to harden. (I take mine out right away. My dogs don't like them too crunchy).

1 comment:

  1. These cookies are delicious! They taste like brownie with fudge inside. Love the chocolate chips in them.

    ReplyDelete