|Glazed Donut Muffins|
I am anticipating the big snowstorm that is suppose to start sometime today after 8:00 in the morning. Even though I don't really care for snow and was really getting use to the nice warm weather, I'm looking forward to being snowed in for a day.
I've already been making plans for what I'll do on Wednesday with the day off. Some of it of course involves baking. It just wouldn't be a snow day without baking something sweet and delicious in the oven. I'm thinking on Wednesday it'll be something chocolate too.
Well in anticipation of the upcoming snow I decided that I would post a recipe for muffins. Doesn't that just sound yummy on a cold winter day? These will be a perfect breakfast treat and they are quick and easy to make.
These muffins resemble the taste and kind of the look of glazed donuts. They are wonderful and I'm sure you are going to like them.
Glazed Donut Muffins
1/4 C of softened butter
1/4 C vegetable oil
1/2 C sugar
1/3 C brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
1 t nutmeg
1 t cinnamon
3/4 t salt
1t vanilla extract
2 2/3 C flour
1 C milk
3 T butter, melted
3 C powdered sugar
1 t vanilla extract
2 T hot water
- Preheat the oven to 425. Lightly grease a standard muffin tin or line with paper muffin cups and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl cream butter, oil, sugars together. Add eggs and beat to combine
- Stir in baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour and the milk, alternating to make sure everything is combined throughly.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins. Fill cups 2/3 full.
- Bake muffins for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine melted butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and hot water. Whisk until smooth.
- Dip cooled muffins in glaze. Let it harden and dip a second time.
- Keep muffins in an airtight container.