Thursday, April 5, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bites


Ok I think I just might have died and went to heaven. I made one of the best little treats of chocolate and peanut butter combinations that I have ever tasted. They are the perfect balance of chocolate and peanut butter. They are just small enough to pop in your mouth and enjoy. I do want to warn you that it may be hard to stop eating these babies.

Those that know me know that I love chocolate. I especially love brownies. I get a lot of compliments on my brownies that I make, but I can't take all the credit. I basically use a box mix from Aldi's to make them. Put a little canned chocolate frosting on top and you have perfection. I'm thinking that I can't really take credit for making really awesome brownies.

So... these little brownies are a bit of a step up for me. Just a wee bit more work was involved, but not much. I can see serving these at a dessert table.What a wonderful little dessert option. Just enough of a sweet chocolate peanut butter combination.Yum! I'm thinking I might have to make these for a little family gathering.

The original recipe I found on Pinterest and I had to make some changes to make it work for me,but it is still super good and takes less ingredients to make than the original. This recipe is an adapted recipe from Baked Perfection.


Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bite
1 box of brownie mix
1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 C creamy peanut butter 
mini cupcake liners

Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 mini-muffin cups with liners.
Prepare brownie mix according to box directions. Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups. Bake for 15 minutes or until top is set and a toothpick inserted into center comes out slightly wet. Remove from pan and cool. The centers of the brownie will fall upon cooling. If they don't you can use the back of a melon baller to indent the center of the brownie. Line the pans again and bake 24 more brownies.

Place peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30-40 seconds.While brownies are still warm put melted peanut butter into indentation and top with 3-4 chocolate chips. Cool completely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment