Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Spritz Cookies

Today I am in need of some baking. Things are a bit stressful in my life right now and one way I know of curing it is to bake something sweet.

Since it's the holiday season I decide I would try my hand at making some spritz cookies. Now I haven't made these in years and if I remember right it was a bit difficult working that dumb cookie press.

These cookies bring back memories of when my daughter was a little baby, not quite one, and she was sitting in her high chair eating spritz cookies. I was busy decorating the tree when I heard my baby's first word.... "more". So precious! I was so excited to finally hear her talk I of course gave her more cookies. 

I have purchased a new cookie press since my last attempt at making these cookies and I was hoping that this new Cuisinart Electric Cookie Press was going to work like a charm. Well much to my surprise it worked great.Super Easy!!!

I only made 1/2of the recipe this time. I didn't know how the press would work and I am short on time tonight, but I now know that I'll be making some more of these before Christmas.

The recipe is from my mom. She's been making them since I was a little girl and I'm not sure where she got the recipe. The recipe does state to add vanilla to taste. I added 2 teaspoons to this batch, but I could probably added more. So here's the recipe. I hope you enjoy them!



Spritz Cookies
1-lb butter
1 C granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 extra yolks
4 1/2 C sifted flour
vanilla to taste
Mix butter, sugar, eggs & yolks together with a mixer. Add vanilla. Slowly add the flour mixing with your mixer. Put dough in the cookie press and press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheets, sprinkle with colored sugar. Bake at 350 for 5-6 minutes. Cool slightly and remove from pans.


No comments:

Post a Comment