Friday, January 25, 2013

Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting

Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting
Today my little girl comes home from her study abroad trip to Thailand. It seems like forever since she's been home and truthfully it's only been three weeks. I know that's not very long for a study abroad trip and I probably shouldn't have missed her like I did, but the fact is I did and I'm glad she's coming home.

Now I know most people would think I'm crazy or my daughter is a mama's baby, but that is far from the truth. For one I'm not crazy. I just love the heck out of my kids. Both of them are super amazing children and I couldn't ask for any better kids.

As far as my daughter being a mama's baby she's far from that. She is Miss Independent! She is a go getter and wants to do anything and everything on her own and on her own terms. Although I'm hoping she missed me too while she was gone I'm sure she enjoyed every minute of her time in Thailand.

I'd like to think that I missed her so much because we have a very good relationship. I don't know how many parents can say that truthfully. It's not the same going to the gym and working out with out her. Even though we go do our own thing when we go to the gym it's nice to have that work out partner to go with. And shopping? Well it's nice to get someone's opinion and she tells it to me straight. I don't want to dress like an old lady nor do I want to dress too young either. With her I get the truth serum.

So in honor of her coming home I came up with this new cupcake. I kind of took a cupcake recipe here and a frosting recipe there and combined the two. The result was delicious! The kind of remind me of Reese Peanut Butter Cups. Since she loves peanut butter and she loves Reese Peanut Butter cups I thought this was appropriate.

The cupcake recipe came from the blog Your Cup of Cake. I took it from her Take 5 cupcake recipe. This girl is amazing with her cupcakes. Go check out her blog. I've put her on my blogroll to make it easy access for all. I've also linked it here for you too.

The frosting recipe I kind of just created by looking at other frosting recipes so it's not down to quite an art yet, but tastes good just the same. I tried to use the same measurements like when I do decorators frosting and it was good just might need a little tweaking as you go.

Peanut Butter Cupcake
1/2 C creamy peanut butter
1/2 C butter, softened
4 eggs
2 t vanilla extract
2/3 C buttermilk
1 box of white cake mix
1/2 C sour cream

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
  2. Beat peanut butter and butter together, scrape down the sides of the bowl constantly.
  3. With your mixer on slow, beat eggs in one at a time until fully incorporated.
  4. Add vanilla extract and buttermilk.
  5. Add cake mix (sift it before if you need to).
  6. Add sour cream and mix until well combined.
  7. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
  8. Let cupcakes cool before frosting.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting
1/2 C butter, softened
1/2 C creamy peanut butter
1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
1t vanilla
3-4 T milk
3 C powdered sugar

  1. Blend butter and peanut butter together until well combined.
  2. Add cocoa powder and blend.
  3. Add vanilla and blend.
  4. Alternately add a tablespoon of milk and a cup of powdered sugar mixing well each time. If you get too much milk in and it becomes too running just add some more powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment