Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Banana Oat Muffins

Banana Oat Muffins
    
It was such a wonderful morning today and I again I had those slightly browning bananas staring at me on the kitchen counter. I don't know what it is, but I just can't eat the bananas in my house fast enough and no one but me eats them at my house.

     Now bananas are one of my favorite fruits, but obvious not for anyone else in my family. However, they do like when I make baked goods with bananas. I am thankful for that. If they didn't I would be as big as a house or my coworkers would be eating very well, because I would have to take my baked goods to work.

     This recipe is a healthy and very yummy treat. It was hard not to eat a couple when they were fresh out of the oven. A little butter on them.....Yum!

    These are simple to make and do not take much time at all. Now give them a try I know you have some bananas just waiting to be made into these scrumptious muffins.

Banana Oat Muffins
1 1/2 C all -purpose flour
1 C old fashion oats
1/2 C sugar
2 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 egg
3/4 C milk
1/3 C canola oil
1/2 t vanilla extract
1 C mashed bananas (about 2 bananas)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tine with paper bake cups.
Combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
In a large bowl beat the egg lightly. Stir in milk, oil and vanilla. Add the mashed banana, and combine thoroughly. Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until just combined.
Divide the batter among the 12 muffin cups.
Bake for 18-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment