Sunday, March 2, 2014

Banana Bread

Banana Bread
     These cold mornings are starting to get the best of me. It is just freezing and it makes it hard for me to get out of bed. Then of course when I do get out of bed all I want is some hot coffee. Now of course I need to have something to go with my coffee. Bagels or toast have been the main course lately, but today I'm mixing it up.

     I had this craving for warm, sweet banana bread. Now I know that I've posted several different recipes for banana breads on my blog, but I don't know why I've never posted this one. This recipe is the very first recipe that I ever had for banana bread. I don't even know where I came across this recipe. It was either from a friend, family member or even a magazine. All I know is it was well before internet times.

     Anyways, it is super moist and has no nuts, not that you can't put nuts in if you desire. It seems that every time I make this bread it disappears quick. Obviously it is a hit with the family. Hope you enjoy it.

Banana Bread
3 very ripe bananas sliced
1/2 C sour milk, or 1/2 C milk & 1 t vinegar
2 eggs
2/3 C melted fat (or I sometimes substitute 1/2 C canola oil)
Beat these ingredients together.
Add and beat in;
2 C flour
1 t baking soda
1 C sugar
1/2 t salt
Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment