Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Elegant Turkey Casserole

Elegant Turkey Casserole
     Well my last post of the year. Can't believe it's going to be 2015 tomorrow! When I was a kid I always use to hear the adults saying that time is flying by. I never quite got it as a kid, but now I do.

     Anyways, I thought I'd post this recipe to end out the year. It's a recipe that I usually make after we've made a turkey, but chicken could easily be used to make this as well. It is an expected dish the next day following a turkey dinner.

     This casserole has a tangy sweet flavor and the salty chips just adds a little something to make it delicious. I never, ever have leftovers with this one. The recipe asks for water chestnuts and I try to make a point of putting them in. It gives it a little bit of crunch and no one seems to mind, not even the picky eaters. I don't always have the slivered almonds for this so one can easily leave them out and it will still taste great.

    So here's to a Happy New Year! Hope the upcoming year is a great year for everyone!

Elegant Turkey Casserole
Mix all ingredients together and put in buttered 9X13 pan. Top with 2 cups crushed potato chips. Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

2 cups chopped chicken or turkey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup green pepper
1/2 cup mayo
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup cheddar cheese
2 cups chopped celery
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup water chestnuts

No comments:

Post a Comment