Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hello Everyone,

I'm back after being away for quite some time. I've just had a lot of changes happening over the past couple of years and I need some time to get everything figured out. But now I'm in a good place and I should be back on a regular basis.

So right now I'm teaching full-time and crafting part-time. If you get a chance go check out my Facebook page Melanie's Design Studio. It'll show what I've been up to the past few years.

I've had to narrow down my crafting to a specific interest and I've decided that it should be kitchen merchandise. I have a wide assortment of cozy bowls aka microwave bowls, kitchen towels and various cute coffee mugs. I still like doing my quilting, pallet signs and customized t-shirts, but I'll do those on request from people.

Today the recipe I'm sharing is chewy chocolate chip cookies. They are made with plenty of chocolate chips to make them super yummy. They also have cinnamon and oatmeal in them. The cinnamon is just a little hint and the oatmeal gives a little chewyness to the cookie. One drawback to making these cookies is you need to chill the dough a few hours. I only chilled mine for an hour and they turned out just fine. Just remember the more chilled the dough is the less spread you will get when you bake them.

So what are you waiting for? Go get everything and start making these cookies.

Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients
  • 1 and 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon ,to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter ,melted and cooled to room temperature
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 and 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
  • 1 and 1/4 cup chocolate chips , your favorite kind
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts , optional but recommended
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda & salt. 
  2. In a separate bowl beat together the melted butter and sugars using an electric mixer. Add in the honey, vanilla and egg and continue beating until combined. 
  3. Turn the mixer down to low and beat in the flour mixer until almost combined.
  4. Add in the oats and beat on medium speed until combined. 
  5. Then turn off the mixer and stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips and the chopped walnuts.
  6.  Refrigerate for at least an hour. Form dough into balls and place on cookie sheets. You may want to flatten slightly. (I just let mine spread on their own).
  7. When you're ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Spray cooking spray on  your baking sheets or use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and place the cookies at least 2 inches apart. 
  8. Bake for 12-14 minutes until the tops of the cookies look almost set.
  9. Allow to cool on the cookie tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to continue cooling.

recipe from www.justsotasty.com

No comments:

Post a Comment