Removing the skins
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Once water comes to a boil turn off burner.
- Prepare a bowl of ice water.
- Using a slotted spoon put peach in boiling water for 45 seconds.
- Using slotted spoon remove from water and put in ice water for 10-15 seconds.
- Remove peach and skin should peel off easily.
- Repeat for the rest of the peaches.
3/4 C sugar
1 1/2 C water
3 C peaches sliced
1/4 C lemon juice
In a small saucepan combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Set this aside an let cool. While this is cooling you can remove the skins from the peaches. Follow the instructions above. Put peach slices in a food processor and puree them. Put puree in a bowl and add cooled sugar water and lemon juice. Stir until well combined. Pour this mixture into an 8x8 pan; cover and freeze for 45min to an hour. Stir and return to the freezer until frozen. Once mixture is frozen use ice cream scoop to scoop out servings.
NOTE: We also thought that this would have been good in popsicle molds. Maybe we'll try this next time.