Friday, December 30, 2011

Philly Cheesesteak Pizza

It's that time of year when I'm absolutely tired of cookies, chocolate treats, and just sweets in general. My body just needs some good wholesome food. Now I know pizza is not really considered wholesome home cooking, but this pizza was just what my husband and I were looking for late last night.

It was late and we were just starving and we wanted something that was half way healthy for us and I remember seeing this recipe for a Philly Cheesesteak Pizza in one of my cooking magazines. I had already marked the page anticipating making this yummy pizza, so it was easy to find. The next step was to see if I had everything to make this. Because the ingredients are so basic I of course had everything to whip this together.

Know the recipe says it serves 6, but there is no way it would unless you are serving this in little tiny pieces as if it were an appetizer. My husband and I demolished this pizza with no trouble. I would recommend doubling this recipe if you're making this for more than two people.

So on with the recipe. Let me know how you like it.



Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
1 tube (8oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2T olive oil
1/4 t beef bouillon granules
1/2 lb. thinly sliced deli roast beef
1 T prepared Italian salad dressing
1 1/2 C (6oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Unroll crescent roll dough into lone long rectangle; seal perforations. Press into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 13-in x 9-in baking pan. Bake at 375 for 7-10 minutes pr until lightly browned.

Saute green pepper and onion in oil and bouillon in a large skillet until begetables are tender; set aside.

Arrange beef over crust. Brush with salad dressing; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 4-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with green pepper mixture. Cut into 12 pieces.

Credit: Taste of Home Simple and Delicious magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment