Friday, December 23, 2011

Nut Goodie Drops

Well the big day is almost here! For my family and I Christmas Eve is the big event for us. This is the time we open presents from Santa and from each other. Usually I let the kids open one present under the tree before we go to Church in the late afternoon. I also quickly fill stockings while everyone gets in the car to go to church.

Even though my children are college age I will still fill their stockings when they are otherwise preoccupied. And yes I still have packages from Santa for them. They shake their heads at me, but old habits are hard to break.

Today I am still making Christmas goodies. One treat that is a snap to make is Nut Goodie Drops. This recipe I got from my mom. She use to make these when I was a kid. These take very few items to make and they are done in literally a few minutes. In fact I was able to finish these in under 15 minutes.

Nut Goodie Drops
16 ounces white almond bark 
6 ounces of chocolate chips
1/2 C peanut butter
3 cups raw Spanish peanuts
Wax paper

Directions
Melt almond bark in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every minute to minute and a half. Once bark is melted stir in chocolate chips and peanut butter until melted and smooth. Add peanuts and stir to mix. Use a tablespoon to drop mixture onto wax paper. Let drops cool and set up on wax paper. Once drops are set you can place them in a container. I separate layers with wax paper so they don't stick together.

No comments:

Post a Comment