My daughter and I made both of these last night in a matter of a couple of hours. We had never made either one and were very happy with the results. In fact we may just have to make some more of these to give to family and friends.
The two treats we made were Peanut Butter Cup Cookies and Easy Sea Salt Caramels. The cookie recipe I found on Allrecipes.com and the caramels recipe I found on the blog Lucy's Best. I found this blog by pure accident, but I have found a lot of recipes that I would love to try, so please visit their site. They are on my blog list so super easy to get to from my blog.
You will need mini muffin pans for the cookies and parchment paper or wax paper for the caramels. Well on with the recipes. Give them a try and let me know what you think of them.
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
1 3/4 C all-purpose flour
1/2 t salt
1 t baking soda
1/2 C butter, softened
1/2 C white sugar
1/2 C peanut butter
1/2 C packed brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 t vanilla extract
2 T milk
40 minature chocolate covered peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375degrees F. Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well. Shape into 40 balls and place each into an ungreased mini muffin pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball. Cool and carefully remove from pan.
Easy Sea Salt Caramels
6 Tablespoons of butter cut into 6 pieces
3/4 Cup white sugar
3/4 Cup brown sugar
3/4 Cup light corn syrup
3/4 Cup sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoon vanilla
Coarse sea salt
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil in a 9X13 pan. Spray the foil with cooking spray, making sure to coat sides as well.
- In a microwave safe bowl (at least 2 quart), add butter, white and brown sugar, syrup, sweetened condensed milk, & vanilla. Stir together and place in microwave, uncovered. Cook in microwave on full power for 8 and a half minutes, stopping and stirring thoroughly twice during the cooking time (about every 2-3 minutes).
- Remove from microwave and stir until well mixed. Pour hot caramel into a prepared 9X13 pan. Place in fridge until firm enough to remove & cut (about 60 minutes).
- Pull up on sides of aluminum foil and remove the whole slab of caramel at one time. Place caramel slab on cutting board covered with parchment or waxed paper and cut into pieces of desired size. Then sprinkle a dash of sea salt on each individual caramel.
- Wrap each piece individually in parchment paper or wax paper.