Sunday, December 11, 2011

Snickerdoodles

Aw, there's nothing better than coming in from the cold and having a hot cup of cocoa and some snickerdoodles! I was introduced to these cookies by my sister-in-law. I had never heard of them before and she was so surprised that she just had to share some with me.

It's been many years since my first encounter with these yummy cinnamon, melt in your mouth cookie, but I still love having them on a chilly winter day. I usually make them at Christmas time, but have been know to make them other times of the year too.

These cookies again are very simple to make. I like simple, especially when I feel like my life is a rat race sometimes. Isn't my life suppose to slow down a little now that the kids are in college? I guess I'm gonna have to rethink how I'm spending my time. LOL!

Anyways, when I mix up these cookies I usually mix them up the day before and throw it in the fridge overnight. The dough has to be chilled for at least an hour, so I figure what's the difference if it's overnight. For me it just makes it easier, because the mixing is done and all I have to do is roll the dough into balls and roll in the sugar/cinnamon mixture and bake.

Well here's day 2 of my holiday cooking recipes.Oh and of course I just automatically double the batch. They are just too good. Enjoy!


Snickerdoodles

1/2 Cup Butter
1 1/2 Cup Flour
1 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Cream of Tarter
2 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon

In a mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add about half of the flour, the 1 cup sugar, the egg, vanilla, baking soda, and cream of tarter. Beat until thoroughly combined. Beat in remaining flour. Cover and chill 1 hour.

Shape into 1 inch balls. Combine the 2 Tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. roll balls in sugar/cinnamon mixture. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 to 11 minutes or till edges are golden. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
Makes about 3 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment