Monday, January 30, 2012

ButterFinger Cookies


Today I just have to share a recipe for Butterfinger cookies. I made these Sunday night and they are to die for not to mention super quick and super easy. I orginally wanted to make these cookies for my son because he loves Butterfinger candy bars, but I just couldn't wait for him to come home from college. Now I know I'm going to have to make them again in a few weeks, because he is going to love them.

Now the recipe I have calls for two king sized Butterfinger candy bars, but I imagine you could use four regular sized candy bars. I might even contemplate using a mess of the little bite size bars if all else fails.

When making these cookies make sure you spray cooking spray on your pans or use parchment paper, because these cookies will stick. Also make sure you let them cool a minute or two before removing to a cooling rack.

Butterfinger Cookies
2 king sized Butterfinger Candy bars- smashed
3/4 C granulated sugar
1/3 C butter, softened
1 egg
1/2 t vanilla extract
1 1/3 C flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt

With an electric mixer the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. In another bowl mix the flour, soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Mix until the ingredients well. Add the smashed Butterfingers. Mix until you can form the mixture into a ball. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool on pan for 1 minute then remove to a cooling rack to cool further.

No comments:

Post a Comment