Saturday, February 4, 2012

Raspberry Cheese Danish


Well it's finally the weekend! Halleluiah! I am going to do a little indulging this weekend with some sweet treats. And why not it is Super Bowl Weekend. It kind of gives us license to over indulge with food a little.
To start the weekend off I'm making a little breakfast treat that is Oh so Yummy! It raspberry cheese danish. I found the recipe in my Taste of Home magazine. I changed it a little to put my own spin on it. The recipe calls for raspberry, but I would think you could really use any type of jam that you have on hand.
These danishes are very quick to make so you can whip them up super fast and you don't have to spend the whole morning in the kitchen. Enjoy!

P.S. Make sure you cool them a little before adding the frosting. I was a little too eager and the frosting kind of melted, but they were still good.

Raspberry Cheese Danish
1-8oz tube of crescent dough
4 oz of cream cheese
1/4 C powered sugar
4 T Raspberry jam

Unroll the crescent dough and separate into rectangles. Seal the perforations, making 4 rectangles.
Combine the cream cheese and sugar. Spread on the dough diagonally. Top with 1 T of jam for each rectangle.
Pinch up opposite corners and give a twist to seal.
Bake on a parchment covered pan at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

Frosting
1/2 C powdered sugar
2 t milk

Combine the two ingredients and drizzle on slightly cooled danishes.





No comments:

Post a Comment