Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Chocolate Chunk Cookies


Today I'm really in the mood for chocolate. I've been scouring my cupboards for something chocolate to eat and nothing really appealed to me. I mean I've got chocolate candy bars, chocolate pudding, chocolate rice cakes and chocolate M&M's, but they were all ok.

So I decided to look at my cookbooks and make some brownies or cookies or bars, just something that had chocolate in it. And then I found it! A recipe for Monster Chunk Cookies. The only problem is I didn't have everything I needed to make these, so I decided to kind of alter the recipe a bit.

Now the dough part is your basic cookie dough, all I did is add some semi-sweet chocolate chips (all I had left in the house) and some M&M's. There is something about chocolate chips and M&M's together in a cookie that sounds so sinful. Now I'm sure that these will work just fine with satisfying my chocolate craving, so I set to work on making these chocolate creations.

They are quick and easy to mix up and they bake up in no time. They are absolutely the thing that I was looking for when it comes to satisfying my chocolate craving. I know that you're going to love these cookies so give them a try and make sure you have a nice tall glass of milk to go along with them.

Chocolate Chunk Cookies
2 Sticks of unsalted butter
1 1/4 C brown sugar
2 eggs
2 t vanilla
2 C flour
1 C old fashion oats 
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
1 C M&M's

  1. In a large bowl cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and combine well. Add vanilla and mix well. 
  2. In another bowl combine flour, oats, soda and salt. Slowly add this mixture to the butter and sugar mixture.
  3. Stir in chocolate chips and M&M's with a spoon.
  4. Scoop dough with a large cookie scoop and place on an ungreased pan spacing well. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Cool on the cookie sheet for 1 minute and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. 


No comments:

Post a Comment