Thursday, March 15, 2012

Beef Stroganoff

Today's recipe is a quick supper recipe that will make your family think you've been cooking up a storm in the kitchen when really it hardly takes anything to whip this up. It's my beef version of stroganoff. I'm sure you're thinking what other kind is there besides beef. Well I also make a chicken version that is just as good, because to tell you the truth I usually cook more with chicken that beef (that's if you don't count hamburger, because I don't).



To make this wonderful dish you need some basic staples that most people have on hand like flour, paprika, onions, garlic and egg noodles. The stuff that some people may not have is stew meat, canned mushrooms, beef broth and sour cream. Now the only thing that I usually don't keep on hand is the stew meat, the rest are staples in my pantry and refrigerator.

I love this dish because it just fills you up and warms your soul. It is one of those yummy dishes that makes you feel all happy and content. I don't know what it is about this stuff, but it makes everyone happy from the inside out. So give it a try and see what you think. Let me know your thoughts on this one.

Beef Stroganoff
1 1/2 lbs stew meat
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 can mushrooms, drained
1 1/2 C beef broth
1/2 t salt
1/4 t paprika
pepper to taste
2 T flour
1 C sour cream
egg noodles

In a fry pan saute onion, and garlic. In another pan boil water to make egg noodles. Add stew meat that has been cut into small bite size pieces to the onion and garlic. Cook until the meat is no longer pink. Add mushrooms, broth, salt, paprika, and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Combine the flour and sour cream in a bowl, mixing well. Add to the fry pan. Bring it to a boil cook and stir for about 2 minutes. Turn down to low for another 2 minutes. Serve with egg noodles. Makes 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment