Monday, April 23, 2012

Banana Nut Bread



Well this past weekend was a rainy, cold weekend. There wasn't much going on outside that I could do so I had to do some baking inside.

Now of course I had 3 bananas laying around way past their time and I had to do something with them. I wasn't in the mood to make the same old banana bread that I usually make, so I was on the hunt for a new recipe.

I started combing through my stack of recipes that I've cut or printed from the internet. After flipping through a few I found a recipe that Amy Grant had printed in a magazine. It was her grandma Grant and it look like just what I was looking for, so I decided to give it a try.

So I went to work making this recipe and it turned out to be amazing. It had hardly cooled when my family started cutting into it. I made this late Saturday afternoon and by Sunday afternoon only about 1/3 of the loaf was left.

This Banana bread is very good. It has chopped pecans in it which gives it a wonderful flavor and it is very moist. I am most definitely going to make this one again.

Banana Nut Bread
1 C sugar
1/2 C butter (1 stick)
2 lg. eggs
3 bananas, sliced (2 c)
2 C all-purpose flour
1/2 C pecans, chopped
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt

  1. Greased 8 1/2 by 4 1/2  metal loaf pan.
  2. Cream sugar with butter. Mix in eggs, bananas, flour, pecans baking soda and salt. Pour into prepared pan.
  3. Place loaf pan in cold oven. Set oven control to 300 degrees F and bake banana bread 1 1/2 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
  4. Cool bread in pan 5 minutes on wire rack. Then remove from pan and cool completely, right side up. Makes 1 loaf. 

1 comment: