Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Gooey S'mores Cookies


Last night I was super bored and really craving something sweet and preferably chocolate, but I had nothing in my house that fit the bill. There was only one thing to do to solve this dilemma...Bake! I just had to find the right sweet to satisfy my chocolate desire.

After flipping through some recipes I found an interesting recipe that sounded super yummy and super chocolaty. My only problem with this treat was I didn't have two items necessary to make these cookies.

Well there was only one way to solve this problem, but to go to the store.So I was off to Super Target to buy Jet Puffed Mallow Bits and Nestles semi sweet chocolate chips. I wasn't so sure if I could find these mallow bits, but Target came through. They are actually these tiny little marshmallows like you find in the little hot chocolate packets.

Once I got my items purchased it was home to make my cookies. I couldn't wait to try them out. I always had loved making and eating s'mores, so I thought for sure I would love these too.

I also want to give credit to the creators of this treat. I found the recipe on Kevin and Amanda's cooking blog. If you haven't checked out this blog you really should. They have a variety of things to explore on their blog.

Gooey S'mores Cookies
1/2 C butter, softened (1 stick)
1/2 C sugar
1/4 C brown sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1 1/3 C flour
3/4 C graham cracker crumbs
1 t baking powder
1 C semi sweet chocolate chips (or mini Hershey's Kisses)
1 C Jet Puffed Mallow Bits

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes.

Meanwhile, use a food processor or blender graham crackers into 3/4 C fine crumbs. In a separate bowl, whisk together the graham crackers, flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly and the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix on low speed until the dough just comes together. Add the chocolate and marshmallows and stir to combine.

Place 1.5 T sized scoops of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

Makes 2 dozen cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment