Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Confetti Cookies

I just had to share a new found recipe for a soft, moist cookie. My daughter and I just really had a sweet tooth and we wanted something that was quick to make to satisfy our craving for something sweet. I also wanted something that was not too labor intense so I could whip it up without a lot of trouble and kick back on the couch and continue watching the Bachelorette.

I started looking around on some cooking blogs that I had bookmarked and I found this very interesting recipe for a cookie using a cake mix. The cookie had red and blue sprinkles in it and I had sprinkles (just a little different color).  I liked the picture of the cookie in the blog so I thought what the heck, I'll give it a try. I changed the recipe a little by not adding as much sprinkles to the mix and I used rainbow sprinkles.

Good thing I always keep a few cake mixes on hand for those times when you need a quick dessert. I usually have one white mix, one yellow mix, and one chocolate mix in the cupboard. I also keep a couple of brownie mixes and a can or two of frosting.

The bad thing about this recipe is it only makes 30 cookies. Once you make these you'll just want to eat and eat and eat these cookies. They remind me of that Funfetti cake and frosting that you can buy. Make sure you have a glass of milk ready when you sit down. You're going to need it. Enjoy!

Confetti Cookies

 
Confetti Cookies
  
1 box french vanilla cake mix, 18.25 oz*
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 C vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 C rainbow sprinkles

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder. In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, oil and vanilla. Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the sprinkles. Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack. The cookies will be very soft at first. Cool and enjoy! makes 30-32 cookies
 adapted from my funfetti cake batter cookies
   http://cookincowgirl.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment