Friday, July 27, 2012

Banana Nut Waffles

Banana Nut Waffles

Well it's been awhile since I've posted a recipe. I've just had quite a week with so much happening around here that I just didn't take the time to sit down and type up my current recipes.

First my laptop got a virus while I was on Pinterest. So be careful when you are looking at people's pins. Luckily I shut my laptop down immediately and it saved it from getting too bad and the Geek Squad didn't have to work on it for too many days. Those guys are great by the way. They fixed my laptop and got it working great.

My new SD card for my camera was bad and I couldn't get any of the pictures on it to transfer to my computer. Said it was corrupt! Of course I couldn't find my receipt to return the card so I lost out on that deal. I'll never buy a Dane-Elec product again. Now I need to get a new SD card for my camera. Luckily I now have my pictures on my phone synced up with my computer so that helps. Still want an 8GB card for my camera. I still like using my camera for pictures.

Then this weekend my husband and I drove from Minneapolis to Eau Claire to look at and of course buy a Coleman tent trailer. That was a two hour drive and then about an hour looking at it before we were back on the road with trailer in tow for another two hour drive home. This of course meant we, (or should I say "I") had to clean it up and get it packed up with our camping stuff so we can be ready to go on a moments notice.

I also had a ton of other little things come up throughout the week that I needed to attend to which kept me busy, but now I'm back and ready to get things up and going again.

I made these waffles this past Sunday. Usually on Sundays we have a big breakfast with bacon, eggs and either pancakes, waffles or french toast. I decided to make these Banana Nut Waffles because of course I had some sad looking bananas that needed to be used and I just hate throwing them away.

The recipe came with my waffle maker and has been a hit with my family for a long time. Because I had two bananas I doubled the recipe. The left over waffles I just put in a ziploc bag and the kids heat them up in the microwave for breakfast throughout the week. I have also frozen them and microwaved them individually as needed.

Waffles with a little syrup
Banana Nut Waffles
1/2 C whole wheat flour
1/2 C all purpose flour
1 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
3/4 C milk
1 banana
1 egg, separated
1 T vegetable oil
1/4 C walnuts, chopped

  • Sift dry ingredients together in a bowl.
  • Add egg yolk, milk and vegetable oil to the dry ingredients and beat together thoroughly.
  • Mash banana and beat banana and nuts into batter.
  • Beat egg white until stiff, stir 1/4 into the batter to lighten it and then gently fold in the remaining egg white.
  • Pour a scant 1/3 cup of batter onto the heated waffle mold.
  • Makes 6 waffles. Serve with butter and syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment