Thursday, July 5, 2012

Better Than Anything Cake

It has been a rough week of high temperatures and high humidity here in Minnesota. It actually feels like Florida minus the palm trees. Thank goodness for air!

Because of the heat I have not been doing any baking or cooking for that matter, until of course yesterday. I needed to make a dessert for the fourth because I was having company over that evening. I was at first going to make jello cake, but I came across this recipe and it sounded so darn good that I had to give it a try.

Better Than Anything Cake


I found the recipe on http://www.chef-in-training.com/2012/06/better-than-anything-cake/ . The picture of the cake was just mouth watering that I had to go ahead and try and make this. I also like how easy the recipe was and heck I just happen to have everything I needed to make this.

This cake was easy to make and about the only thing that I would change or do different is I think I could get away with using 2 Heath bars. I just put my candy bars in my little Cooks food processor and it crushed the candy bars up nicely. I also think that maybe Snickers would be another good candy bar to use on this.

Well here's the recipe and enjoy!

Better Than Anything Cake
1 box chocolate cake mix and any ingredients it requires
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (8oz) jar caramel topping
1 (8oz) container cool whip thawed to room temperature
3 Heath Candy Bars chopped

Directions
  1. Bake cake according to directions in a 9 X 13 pan.
  2. Let Cake cool for about 5 minutes.
  3. Poke holes in cake with the handle end of a wooden spoon.
  4. While cake is still warm, slowly pour over sweetened condensed milk over the top making sure some gets in all the holes of the cake.
  5. Next drizzle the caramel topping evenly over the cake slowly, making sure some gets in all the holes as well.
  6. Spread cool whip over the top evenly.
  7. Sprinkle with Heath Candy bar pieces.
  8. Store in fridge until ready to eat. Store any leftovers in fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment