Because of the heat I have not been doing any baking or cooking for that matter, until of course yesterday. I needed to make a dessert for the fourth because I was having company over that evening. I was at first going to make jello cake, but I came across this recipe and it sounded so darn good that I had to give it a try.
|Better Than Anything Cake|
I found the recipe on http://www.chef-in-training.com/2012/06/better-than-anything-cake/ . The picture of the cake was just mouth watering that I had to go ahead and try and make this. I also like how easy the recipe was and heck I just happen to have everything I needed to make this.
This cake was easy to make and about the only thing that I would change or do different is I think I could get away with using 2 Heath bars. I just put my candy bars in my little Cooks food processor and it crushed the candy bars up nicely. I also think that maybe Snickers would be another good candy bar to use on this.
Well here's the recipe and enjoy!
Better Than Anything Cake
1 box chocolate cake mix and any ingredients it requires
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (8oz) jar caramel topping
1 (8oz) container cool whip thawed to room temperature
3 Heath Candy Bars chopped
- Bake cake according to directions in a 9 X 13 pan.
- Let Cake cool for about 5 minutes.
- Poke holes in cake with the handle end of a wooden spoon.
- While cake is still warm, slowly pour over sweetened condensed milk over the top making sure some gets in all the holes of the cake.
- Next drizzle the caramel topping evenly over the cake slowly, making sure some gets in all the holes as well.
- Spread cool whip over the top evenly.
- Sprinkle with Heath Candy bar pieces.
- Store in fridge until ready to eat. Store any leftovers in fridge.