Sunday, August 26, 2012

Grilled Veggie Sandwiches

Grilled Veggie Sandwiches

I'm baaaack!
I know I've been absent for awhile, but August is such a busy month for me with school starting up this month. If I'm not getting myself ready to teach this month I'm making sure my own kids have everything they need for college.

I have been back to work now for two weeks and it is amazing how tired I am. I just don't have any energy left at the end of the day to do any cooking or baking (sorry family).

Besides going back to work my kitchen has been in disarray. I finally got new counter tops and whenever you do some updating in the home it gets messy before it gets pretty. I had to take all my stuff out of the cabinets below the counters, so I didn't have to clean every item again. Then once the counters got put in I had to put stuff back. Of course I rearranged things and amazingly I like the new arrangement better.

Now all of this had to wait until I got back from my work retreat of camping out in the woods (this is a whole story in itself).

Anyways today I have this really yummy grilled veggie sandwich. I was kind of copying the sandwich from Snuffy's restaurant. Snuffy's is one of our favorite hamburger joints in St. Paul, MN. The last time we went there my daughter had a grilled veggie sandwich there and it looked amazing and she said it was really yummy. So I thought lets give it a try. 

Well the sandwiches turned out terrific and everyone loved them. They were quick and I would imagine half way nutritious. I think you could use whatever kind of veggies you have on hand to make this delicious sandwich too.

Grilled Veggie Sandwich
1 onion
1 green pepper
fresh mushrooms sliced
olive oil
swiss cheese or cheese of your choice
bread of your choice
butter

Slice onion, green pepper, and mushrooms. Heat some olive oil in a saute' pan. Saute' onion and peppers until onions are clear. Add mushrooms and saute' until done.
Preheat griddle or fry pan. Butter two slices of bread, placing one buttered side down put a spoonful of veggies on top, place a piece of cheese on top, place bread on top with buttered top up.
Grill first side until golden brown and flip over. Grill other side until golden brown and cheese is melted. 


No comments:

Post a Comment