Thursday, August 9, 2012

Tuna Tetrazzini

Wednesday was an extraordinarily cool day. So cool in fact that it got me tying a quilt that I've had sitting around since November. I don't know why I let it sit for so long, because tying a quilt goes rather quickly. I should be done tonight with tying it and be ready to bind it tomorrow.

With the temperature being so cool I was also in the mood for some comfort food. I'm really a pasta fan so I was trying to think of something with noodles in it, but had a creamy, yummy consistency.

I came up with this Tuna Tetrazzini purely by accident. I just happened to have fettucine noodles and some tuna, so I was trying to create something with these two items. What I ended up with was very good and super easy dish.

Give this one a try. I think you'll like it
Tuna Tetrazzini


Tuna Tetrazzini
1/3 C chopped onion
2 garlic cloves diced
1 T butter
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1/3 C milk
1- 8oz can of mushrooms, drained
1 can of tuna, drained
1/2 box (12oz) of fettucine noodles
Parmesan cheese

Cook noodles per directions on box. In the meantime melt butter in sauce pan. Saute onion and garlic until onions are clear. Add soup, mushrooms and milk. Mix well. Add cooked noodles and heat through. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment