Saturday, August 4, 2012

Bikini Cake

Last night I worked on a birthday cake for my brother. He just turned 52 and we are getting together on Sunday to celebrate. He has a brain injury so he lives in a care facility and we try to get together on his birthday every year. We usually do cake and ice cream and I am in charge of the cake this year.

 I wanted to do something fun for him.I was going to make something related to fishing, but then I had an epiphany! I can make a body with a bikini. What guy wouldn't like that for their birthday cake? Then I thought a body with a yellow polka dot bikini. You know the song, right?

So after working on this cake for a few hours this is my finished product. Don't be too harsh now, I'm new to cake decorating. I need to do some more practicing to perfect my skills, but I think my brother will get a laugh out of it.

Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
Sorry there is no recipe today. The cake is simply a sheet cake with two cup cakes for the top. I used Wilton's Decorating frosting recipe and colored it.

No comments:

Post a Comment