Thursday, August 2, 2012

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer

Well I don't know about the rest of you, but I like to have a cup of coffee or two to start my day. I always buy coffee beans, preferably Caribou coffee beans from Sams Club, and I need flavored creamer.

Even though I buy flavored creamer I also buy coffee syrup at Sams Club to add to my coffee. It just seems for my tastes the flavored creamers are usually lacking in full flavor for me. I don't know maybe my taste buds are jaded.

As we all know these flavored creamers can get a little expensive, so I found a recipe for making your own creamer. It is fairly inexpensive to make and tastes just as good as those premade creamers in the store.

All you need to make your own coffee creamer is sweetened condensed milk, milk or heavy cream, (I buy mine at Aldis) and coffee syrup. I used french vanilla flavor, but if you look at Sams Club you will find an assortment of flavors. My mind is already wandering to the different kinds of creamers that I could make. They have blue and red raspberry, coconut, chocolate, caramel, cherry lime, Irish cream, hazelnut and Kahlua. I probably missed a few too. And remember if you buy these syrups you don't just have to use them in your coffee they have other uses too. I use the raspberry in my lemonade to make raspberry lemonade. Super yummy!

Just mix these ingredients together in a old creamer container or in a mason jar and you've got your own homemade coffee creamer. So on those mornings when you run out of creamer you can quickly reach in the cupboard and make up your own.

Homemade Coffee Creamer
French Vanilla Coffee Creamer
14 oz sweetened Condensed milk
14 oz milk or heavy cream
4 t Vanilla Coffee Syrup
a container for mixing it in like a mason jar or old creamer container.

Pour all of the ingredients into your container. Put the cap or lid on tightly and shake vigorously for a few minutes until combined well. Refrigerate.

adapted from www.mrshappyhomemaker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment