Sunday, February 17, 2013

S'More bites

S'More Bites

After watching the Shark Tank Friday night I was challenged to create a bite size s'more that tasted like a s'more. I was up for the challenge. I know that one can google a ton of recipes for this delightful treat and so I set out to make a bite size s'more.

I just couldn't stand watching my nephew's wife, who has never cooked a day in her life, pitch her line to the sharks about how she created this recipe for her "Smuffins" and how she and her husband have always dreamed of owning a s'more shop. Gag me! Only in LA would this line of crap go over as real.

So after listening to her and watching the sharks slam her idea as ridiculous and telling her it didn't even taste like a s'more I just knew I could make a treat that was good, but of course no way would I ever think of charging $10 for a treat. Obviously people in LA don't cook very much if they are willing to pay an outrageous price for a mini s'more dipped in chocolate.

Now I know that she sells different flavors of smuffins, but one can also find different varieties with the aid of google. I did and it didn't take much time or energy. Maybe next time I'll try peanut butter or dark chocolate. The possibilities are endless.

So try the recipe below and I'm sure this recipe will have you saying "I've gotta have s'more and there is smuffin to it!"

S'More Bites
7 whole graham crackers
1/4 C powdered sugar
6 T butter, melted
4 Hershey Milk Chocolate bars
12 Large marshmallows

  1. Preheat oven to 350. Place graham crackers into a large resealable plastic bag. Finely crush into crumbs using a rolling pin. Combine graham crackers crumbs, powdered sugar and butter in a small bowl. Using a small scoop place a scant scoop of crumb mixture in each cup of a mini-muffin pan. Press crumbs to form a shallow cup. Bake 4-5 minutes. Meanwhile, break two of the candy bars into rectangles. Remove pan from oven; place one rectangle into each cup.
  2. Cut marshmallows in half crosswise using kitchen shears dipped in cold water. Place one marshmallow half, cut-side down, into each cup. Return to oven 1-2 minutes or until marshmallow is slightly softened. Remove pan from oven and cool on a cooling rack for 15 minutes. Carefully remove cups from pan. Cool completely.
  3. Bread remaining candy bars and place in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high 1-1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 20 seconds. Dip the top of each marshmallow in melted chocolate. Turn top-side up and let stand 40 minutes-1 hour or until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment