Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Apple Pannekoeken

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm just really done with the snow and the cold. I am getting tired of bundling up to take the dogs for a walk in the morning and at night. I'm tired of freezing in the house if I don't have a fire going in the wood stove. I'm tired of wearing sweaters and long sleeves. I guess you could say I'm ready for spring.

With this weather making me long for spring it got me thinking about Easter. I remembered this apple pancake that my mom would make sometimes at Easter and decide that I should give it a try and see if my family liked it.

Apple Pannekoeken

I got several "what is it?" while it baked and once it was served, but I think they were very surprised by how good it tasted. You can make this pannekoeken with or without apples, but I know my mom always made it with the apples and I can't imagine it without fruit.

When you serve this you can pour syrup over it or put whipped cream on it. Either way it is delicious.

Served up with whipped topping


It makes me wonder what other type of fruit would be good to use in this recipe. I bet one could simply use a can of fruit pie filling. I might have to experiment with that one or if someone else does let me know how it works.

This dish takes very little time to make and leaves you free to create the rest of your breakfast dishes while this bakes away in the oven. It also a great dish to make for an Easter brunch.

 Pannekoeken
4 eggs
1 1/2 C milk
1 1/2 flour
1/4 t salt
1 stick of butter

apples
cinnamon
sugar

Melt butter in an oblong cake pan in 400 oven. Combine eggs, milk flour and salt together. Pour batter into pan and bake for 30 minutes.
If you want to add apples:
Cut apples, peel, and shake in a bowl of cinnamon and white sugar. Pour over top of batter. It might take 3-5 minutes longer with the apples. 


No comments:

Post a Comment