Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Salmon with Pecan-Honey Sauce

     I've been trying to eat less red meat these days. It seems that I'm eating chicken and fish mainly, but heavy on the chicken.  Now don't get me wrong I love chicken. It's easy to make and so versatile. Sometimes though I need to mix it up a bit.

     I have been trying to make shrimp a little bit more and I have been eating cod too. Although the cod I've been eating is a lightly breaded cod that one simply bakes in the oven. It's good though and we've used it to make fish tacos which were amazing.

     One of my other favorites is salmon. We always buy our salmon fillets at Sam's Club. It is the best salmon and so fresh. I have never been disappointed.

     One of my favorite ways to make salmon is to use this recipe I got from Simple & Delicious. It is also very easy to make. The original recipe has it being fried in a frying pan, but I have also cooked it on the grill. I am going to attach the original recipe, but don't be afraid to make the salmon on the grill.

Salmon with Pecan-Honey Sauce
      Make sure your salmon fillets are not too large. If they are too large they will not cook as evenly and you'll end up with uncooked salmon in the middle. I've learned this the hard way. Now I always make sure my fillets are a nice portion size.

     The recipe calls for toasted pecans, but I never toast them. I just chop up some pecans and toss them in the sauce while it cooks. I also melt the butter first then I add the honey and pecans and let it cook. Enjoy!

Salmon with Pecan-Honey Sauce
6 salmon fillets (6 oz each)
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1/4 C vegetable oil
3/4 C butter, divided
1 C coarsely chopped pecans toasted
1 C honey

Sprinkle salmon with salt & pepper. In a large skillet, cook salmon in oil and 6 Tablespoons for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
     Meanwhile in a small saucepan, cook pecans and honey in remaining butter over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment