Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

  
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
 My summer vacation is finally here! Eleven weeks off of work to recharge the batteries. Teaching is a very mental and emotional job. It is very draining on a person. I, however, would not trade it for the world. I don't know what I would do if I didn't teach. I love it too much!

     I do still plan for the kiddos a lot during the summer. Yesterday I started making book bags for reading time for all of my students. So far I have 9 bags completed. I would like to have 30 bags done by the end of summer, but I'd be happy if I got at least 27. I'm going to keep plugging away on them until I'm done. Once I'm done I'll be making 30 more for a friend, but they will be awesome!

     Most of my fabric was bought on clearance at the fabric store and I found some at Goodwill. My bags so far are costing me about 80 cents a piece. Can't beat that deal. I'll keep checking the clearance rack at the fabric store and Goodwill for more fabric.

    I also did some baking yesterday morning. I of course had some banana's that needed to be made into something quick. I didn't want plain old banana bread again so I scoured Pinterest for a new recipe. I did find one that I thought sound different and it was well worth the effort.

     The only thing that I would change in this recipe is to make sure to use a really good flavorful peanut butter. I used a generic brand and it just didn't have a strong enough peanut butter flavor. When I make this again I would make sure I buy Jif. Jif peanut butter has a wonderful peanut flavor that it would make this bread taste just awesome. 

     Even though the peanut butter I used wasn't the best I would still make this bread again. My daughter just spread a little more peanut butter on a slice and said it tasted wonderful with that little extra spread of pb.

   
Peanut Butter Chocolate CHip Banana Bread
makes one loaf
Ingredients
2 cups AP flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 medium ripe mashed bananas
1/2 cup creamy Peanut butter
3 TBSP butter, softened, divided use
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup semisweet, dark, or milk chocolate chips (I used more, duh.)
1 1/2 tsp Turbinado sugar for sprinkling
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9 inch loaf pan with cooking spray or butter.
IN a medium sized mixing bowl, using a mixer on medium speed, beat together banana, peanut butter, 2 TBSP butter, and both sugars until creamy, about 2 minutes; beat in eggs and vanilla extract until combined. Reduce mixer speed to low and beat in milk and flour mixture until just combined; stir in chocolate chips.
Pour batter into prepared pan; bake for 50 minutes. Remove pan from oven, melt additional TBSP butter, brush evenly over the top, and top with Turbinado sugar. Continue to bake for an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool for 20 minutes before running a knife around the edges, removing, and transferring to a wire rack to cool an additional 30 minutes before slicing.

Recipe from  http://dutchsisterscreate.wordpress.com/tag/peanut-butter/



    

No comments:

Post a Comment