Thursday, August 1, 2013

Cherry Cheesecake

  
Cherry Cheesecake
      I've been wanting to make cheesecake all summer and I finally did it. This is a recipe that I've used before, but instead of using blueberry pie filling this time I used cherry pie filling. It turned out just great! I think that with this recipe one could substitute any flavor of pie filling and it would taste wonderful.

     I did cheat a little with using an already made graham cracker crust, but I just wanted something that was quick and easy. So no harm in buying a pre-made crust. Besides I don't think one can go wrong buying the crust already done or if you're ambitious make your own.

     The one thing that I love about this cheesecake recipe is the simplicity of it. Trust me when I say anybody can make this and it will turn out great. You will impress your friends and family with this one. My family liked this so much that it did not last a 24 hour period in my house. It was gone in a flash.

     I guess I'll just have to make another one real soon.

 Cherry Cheesecake
2 pkgs (8oz each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 C sugar
1/4 t vanilla
2 eggs
1 graham cracker crust (9inch)
1 can cherry pie filling

In a mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs, beating just until combined. Pour into crust. Drop 1/2 cup of pie filling by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the cream cheese mixture; cut through with a knife to swirl the pie filling.

Place pie on a baking pan and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Chill for 2 hours. Top with remaining pie filling. (I am using the remaining cherry filling to make some danishes.)


No comments:

Post a Comment