Sunday, July 27, 2014

Peanutty S'Mores Brownies

Peanutty S'Mores Brownies
  If you like brownies and s'mores you're going to love these bars.
  
 Ok, so it's been a few days longer than I planned on for posting this recipe, but it seems like I'm always running. I don't think I know how to relax any more. It's just go, go, go!

     My mom got suddenly and seriously ill just before Easter and it seems like now I have become a part time nurse/caregiver. Not that I mind but it's a lot of driving around. The constant doctor visits, pharmacy trips, general shopping for essentials not to mention the care of her physically and cleaning of her apartment. Whoa! That's a lot.

     It's kind of looking like she's on the mend though and hopefully things will be getting a little less hectic for me and she'll be feeling a lot better.

     I made these brownies, but forgot to take a picture of them in the pan before I left the house. When I got back the family had already cut into them, so I had to settle for a picture of a bar. Don't think any of the pictures does it justice. They just look so much better in person and they taste divine.

      Even though I sprayed the pan with cooking spray I should have sprayed farther up the sides. The marshmallows kind of stuck on the sides so just remember to spray the pan well.

Peanutty S'Mores Brownies
8-10 whole graham crackers
1 box fudge brownie mix (plus ingredients per instructions on the box)
2 Cup miniature marshmallows
1 Cup milk chocolate stars
2/3 Cup chopped peanuts

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Spray a 9X13 cake pan with cooking spray. Arrange graham crackers in a single layer, breaking crackers as needed to fit in all the corners. Set aside.
3. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and spread batter over the graham crackers.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Sprinkle marshmallows over top, then chocolate stars and chopped peanuts.
6. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until marshmallows are slightly puffed and golden brown.
7. Coll completely on wire rack before cutting.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment