Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins

Well I know that on Facebook I promised to post this recipe last week, but life kind of got in the way. I had very good intentions of posting the recipe asap, it's just that I have been a little under the weather. I've got this terrible cold and congestion thing going on that took the fight out of me for a few days.

I'm just now starting to feel a little better and not needing to take a nap and then also feeling like I need to go to bed early. I did not know that I could sleep so much. Those days have been long since gone when I could sleep forever.

Well I'm back and I'm feeling good (except for the little cough thing I've got going on) and I'm ready to post that muffin recipe.

So I found this recipe via Pinterest. It linked me to The Curvy Carrot blog. Who got the recipe from Taste of Home, but tweaked it a little. Then I took the recipe and tweaked some more.

The bottom line is I added one little ingredient to add a little bit more flavor and it ended up being a real hit at my house. I simply added peanut butter and it gave it a bit extra to make them want to gobble them up. In fact they were gone by the next day.

Even Bella wanted a taste.


Here's the recipe. I hope you enjoy them!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
Servings: 12 muffins
Ingredients
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions
1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Line one cupcake pan with liners, set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4.  In another large bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, peanut butter, melted butter, and vanilla extract, mixing well.
5.  Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined.
6. Gently add in the chocolate chips until thoroughly combined.
7. Evenly divide the batter among the prepared cupcake liners (I use a large ice cream scoop for this) so that the liners are about 3/4-full.
8.  Bake until a tester inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean, about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment