Friday, April 11, 2014

Ginger Cookies

  
Ginger Cookies
  I've been trying to work out lately and be really good about eating healthy, but sometimes a girls just gotta have a little sweet treat. I mean really I can't give up everything. Besides I'm not the type of person to go hog wild eating a ton of sweets. I just need a little something every now and then.

     So last night I went to the gym and worked out a bit. I'm trying to get arms that look like Jennifer Aniston's. I mean have you seen her arms? They look amazing! She looks like she could hold her own in a scuffle. Anyways, I did my regular routine, a little cardio and then some weights for the arms.

     Now I was fighting the urge to bake some cookies before I left for the gym. I was almost ready to start baking when my daughter coaxed me into going. I gave in and went, but on the condition that I was going to make cookies when I got home. Of course she laughed at me and then said o.k. I'll help.

     So once we got home we went to work on getting these cookies mixed up and baked. They were quick to make. It was a snap to get the dough mixed together and to get them on the pans and ready to bake. The hard part was waiting for them to cool enough to take off the pan and enjoy.

     These cookies are highly addictive. They are super moist and have a taste similar to gingerbread. In fact these cookies are so good there are now no more cookies left. The recipe made about 2 1/2 dozen and they were gone in less than 24 hours. Now around here that means the cookies must have been good. I think that's a record around here.

Ginger Cookies
2 1/4 c flour
1 t baking soda
2 t ground ginger
1 t cinnamon
3/4 t cloves
1/4 t salt
3/4 C softened butter
1 C sugar
1 egg
1 T water
1/4 C molasses
4 T sugar (reserve for rolling dough in)

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together flour, soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar together. Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses. Gradually add the flour mixture and mix well. Roll the dough into small 1 inch balls and roll in the reserved sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cookies cool on cookie sheets for 5 minutes before removing from pan and cooling on a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container. 

No comments:

Post a Comment