Saturday, April 5, 2014

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

  
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
  I finally got the bug to bake some cookies. I don't know if it's the thought that spring is not very far away or what. All I know is I haven't been baking or really cooking at all that much lately. My meals have been from freezer to oven to table. My snack of choice has been ice cream.

     Now today I've decide to make some cookies. I couldn't think of anything better to make than cookies that have peanut butter and chocolate chips in it. Chocolate and peanut butter go so well together. It's like a little homemade Reese treat.

     These cookies were a snap to make. Not very many ingredients and nothing unusual either. If I were to make them again I might do a little mix of shortening and butter. I like my cookies to spread out a little more. With just the shortening they don't spread as much. I guess I'm use to baking with butter.

    

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes 2 dozen

3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup shortening
1-1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
3 Tbsp. milk
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1-3/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375º F.

Cream first 6 ingredients until smooth. Combine dry ingredients & add to peanut butter mixture. Blend. Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool slightly, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment