Monday, April 14, 2014

Snickers Chocolate Chip Cookies

Snickers Chocolate Chip Cookies
     Right now I'm on a baking streak. A cookie baking streak. I have a few new cookie recipes that I want to try out and as soon as one batch of cookies is eaten up I'm ready to make another. This is cookie recipe #3.

     Today I decided to make these Snicker Chocolate Chip Cookies. I love Snickers candy bars and of course I love chocolate chip cookies, so it just seemed natural for these two to join forces. The combination is amazing! I can tell that these will not last long. In fact I'm sure they will be gone by tomorrow.

     The recipe makes about 5 dozen cookies. At least that's how many I got. I used my small cookie scoop to make the cookies. They are not huge in size, but they are still a nice size. They are also very chewy and full of chocolate flavor.  I found the recipe on Cooking Classy. I did alter the recipe slightly, but not by much.

     This cookie recipe doesn't take much time to mix up and bake. I was done before I knew it. Give it a try I think you'll really like them too. I know it was a big hit at my house.

Snickers Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 3/4 C all-purpose flour
1 T cornstarch
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1 C butter, softened
1 1/4 C brown sugar
1/4 C sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 t vanilla extract
8 oz Snickers Bites
1 C milk Chocolate chips

Directions
 Cut Snicker Bites into quarters and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Set this aside.
In a bowl mix with an electric mixer butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and blend. With the mixer on low add the flour mixture slowly until combined. Add the chopped Snickers and chocolate chips and blend until mixed in.
Use a cookie scoop and place dough on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on the pan slightly before removing to cool on a cooling rack. I found that a metal spatula works better to remove the cookies from the pan. Store in an airtight container.

Adapted from www.cooking classing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment